8.14.2014

TAKE THE KIDS ///. NEW YORK CITY


The next posts will be a fun recap of our family trip to NYC, from booking hotels to surviving the 7-hour road-trip from Montreal to NYC to actually visiting the different neighborhoods.

Like many of you, visiting NYC has become an annual tradition for our family. We like this type of trip because it offers a good balance between being in territory familiar enough to handle tantrums and feeling slightly off-balanced so that we can learn, be inspired and grow as a family. 


There's always something new to discover in terms of food, museums, shops and even playgrounds. We experience the city with a different perspective through the eyes of our growing family. Visiting with a 2-month-old is definitely different than with a 6-year-old who wants to see every dinosaur fossil that ever existed.

There was a time when I would spend the weekend running from one store to the other and spend hours at the Met. I even tried the Sex and the City bus tour once and was rewarded with a Magnolia Bakery cupcake at the end. Today, I run from one playground to to next clean public bathroom and I kinda like it. We don't go to Century 21 to find the latest deals, but because they have a clean restroom and easy stroller access. 

Thanks to globalization and online shopping, I don't allocate as much time to shopping anymore during our trips since I can shop online or in my hometown at stores that were only found in New York before. One day, Madewell & Cos will come to the 514 area and I'll be an even happier customer. So with all this extra free time and lighter Visa bill, we got to discover new NYC gems with the kids, and we're tagging you along with us this time! 

What I plan to talk about:

- Booking hotels;
- Enjoying the road-trip;
- Family-friendly places in different neighborhoods;

If you have specific topics you'd like me to cover, let me know and I'll try to include them in my upcoming posts.

xoxo

Kim-Anh.

You might also like the Honolulu Guide and 24-hour trip

No comments:

Post a Comment